VA Minimum property requirements are often misunderstood. I hear a lot of misconceptions on VA loans and this is probably one of the most misunderstood.
Here is what the VA says about Minimum Property Condition Requirements
There are 4 main things the appraiser must validate:
- Safe, structurally sound, and sanitary
- Meets local standards
- Functional mechanical systems
- Reasonable future utility, durability, economic life VA Minimum Property requirements
Here are the actual VA Minimum Property Requirements coppied and pasted from the VA guidelines:
- Property must have adequate living space.
- Mechanical systems must be usable and safe.
- Heating must be adequate.
- Water availability.
- Roofing must be adequate.
- Basements and crawl spaces must be problem-free.
- Property must have access.
- No health/safety hazards.
- No defective construction.
- Lead-based paint
Have more questions regarding VA Minimum property requirements? Contact us for more details!